Coax/fiber maint tech Full-time Job5 months ago - Cable - Vicksburg - 62 views
Seeking a lineman with experience in aerial strand and fiber construction. Must be able to work from bucket, hooks, or ladders. Must be able to work both street-side and easement. Operate company vehicle and bucket lift safety, following all safety and traffic regulations. Position requires an acceptable driving record and background check. Overtime work will be required on a per project basis. Emergency work availability is required.
• Must be familiar with all construction aspects required to meet industry standard.
• Operate vehicle and bucket lift safely, following local governing authorities.
• Responsible for the operation, daily maintenance checks, and inspection of all aerial equipment to ensure working order.
• Maintain proper inventory on vehicle based on work assignment.
• Installing strand and performing make ready as needed.
• Comprehend maps and construction prints.
• Attendance and punctuality are a must.
• Other responsibilities as directed by Project Manager.
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• Ability and willingness to follow direction from Supervisor.
• Willingness to work both individually and in a team environment.
• Ability to communicate professionally with co-workers and customers.
• Ability to climb utility poles approx. 20’ in height.
• Ability to lift and/or pull 75 pounds several times each day
• Ability to work in all weather conditions as required.
• Must have experience transferring lasher from ladder to strand, or bucket to strand.